
There is never enough time to do everything but this morning my bride found a way to get some more thyme on her hands.

This was out back (above) in October of 2008. I thought it was really nice compared to what we had when we first started cleaning the place up. Below is todays picture.

I see so many more things to do and I suppose there will never be enough time to do them all but it's fun to watch transformations take place. I guess if we had a normal house that was nice to begin with we wouldn't appreciate every battle we win. Not that I would want to do this process again mind you. If we did find 20 or 40 acres with a nice 50 year garden growing and just needed some care because the owners had aged and couldn't maintain it anymore and the house was run down for the same reason, we might be tempted. Buying a house that was used as a rental for 30 years however there is no way we would even consider it. Right now there is a slum lord that is losing 40 properties to the bank. You can buy a house for as low as $8000 if you want to do the adventure we have done the last two years. We went and looked in the windows of one that was selling for $15000 on our walk the other day. Everything I know about building, I wouldn't touch it if you gave it to me. It sold two days ago for much less than $15k I am sure. Across the street are five minted out Victorians that would sell at 150- 225 thousand. I think maybe they got together to buy it and have it torn down. At least that is what I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment