Thursday, April 9, 2009

Look Ma, no lath!


Well today the lath is all gone. It's actually all piled up over an old tree stump that we have been burning out. The first clam night we will light up the bon fire. It goes pretty quick as the stuff has been drying since 1927 at least. Today I am ripping out the floor. The floor boards are 3/4" Douglas Fir #1. I think they will make excellent furniture. The first project being studio desk and such. I have been using the old moldings from this house for my framing table and desk. My wife would also like a desk in the kitchen, so I will build her one out of these floor boards. The floor joist are not any good. I have to rebuild the floor. The floor use to bounce when a person or even Boo Boo would walk in there. So a solid floor would be nice. Opening up the walls is always an adventure. It's like you plan it to cost $1000 and it doubles because of the surprises you find.

No comments: