For the last few days I have watched these huge irises grow through the fence from next door. The last two years they did not bloom. This morning I saw that the first of 5 bloomed.
There are many beautiful irises out there but the dark ones are my favorite.
Our irises we enjoy but I look forward to adding many new colors this year as we only have the one kind. Last year I dead headed them all season. I believe we may have come up with more blooms this year and a deeper color too. There is a lot I need to learn about them. “People are like grass; their beauty is like a flower in the field. The grass withers and the flower fades. 1 Peter 1:24
Irises will always be what counts the days for me. They arrive only once a year and a person with a long life will only see the first bloom 80 to 90 times. It's something to be celebrated when they arrive each year.
No comments:
Post a Comment