So today I installed a new fence along the back of the property. My wife had taken an old chain link fence and used metal rods and such to prop a make shift up. I then took a piece of the old kitchen cabinets and made a gate along with some terrible wire stuff. It was awful but we got use to it. Today I purchased the poles and used the front fencing to replace our previous attempt.I also built the rest of the boxes, I hope to install them in the morning. All the rocks that use to line the beds will be used in the front yard. The concrete block bricks I will use to place the rain barrel on. The wisteria and grape vine I hope to also have something for them to grow on by the days end tomorrow.
This is how our garden grows today. The potatoes popped up this morning.
Early this morning I took these shots of our front yard.
I swept the driveway of rocks and sand yesterday. I am going to redue the black top. This house was in such trouble two years ago. We still have a ways to go but wow. People stop in their cars and tell us how nice the house looks. I think they remember the last 30 years and how this place was not treated right.
Last night my bride and I went to a nursery around the corner. We bought a few plants. Three different kind of sedums, Hen and chicks and a lavandin for the front here. Also a bleeding heart for the back steps. The irises we had. Last year we planted the crocuses and tulips. A friend gave us the liripoe and lambs ear.
This is how our garden grows today. The potatoes popped up this morning.
Early this morning I took these shots of our front yard.
I swept the driveway of rocks and sand yesterday. I am going to redue the black top. This house was in such trouble two years ago. We still have a ways to go but wow. People stop in their cars and tell us how nice the house looks. I think they remember the last 30 years and how this place was not treated right.Last night my bride and I went to a nursery around the corner. We bought a few plants. Three different kind of sedums, Hen and chicks and a lavandin for the front here. Also a bleeding heart for the back steps. The irises we had. Last year we planted the crocuses and tulips. A friend gave us the liripoe and lambs ear.
3 comments:
You have done a lot of work both in the front yard and the back too. I really like your rock walls and the red door too.
Your house is very cute! I love it, still looks very chilly where you are! Nice blog.
Hey guys, it was SOOOO good to see you again this last weekend. Hope you can come up again later this summer or fall. Went back to your August 2009 picture of the front of the house to compare with this one. AMAZING! You have done an incredible job!!
Post a Comment