Because it was 72 today I thought I would take advantage of the nice day and replace the rocks with wood. I also leveled the beds out so when it rains the water does flow like a river down hill but is on a nice flat surface.This is as far as I was able to get today as the nice day turned to a rainy day. Last night my wife planted salad in the bed that has the glass over it. The other side has spinach which made it through the winter with glass over it.
I went with #2 regular wood. I know a lot of people may walk by and wonder why not green treated wood? They use chemicals in green treat and I know those chemical work their way into the plant. We will use green treat on the pathways where we do not garden but not for our food.
1 comment:
I am so jealous of the seventies temperature. Your season will definitely be at least a month ahead of us. When we visit KC, we feel like we are visiting the South. You have a nice set up ready to go for your gardening.
Post a Comment