While at the Farmers Market on Friday, it became apparent that we have everything in our own backyard. Well except for a bunch of people for Boo Boo to meet and greet.Monday, May 18, 2009
Free Grass (not that kind of grass)
While mowing the yard I have come up against the fact that I need more grass for the compost pile as well as laying down mulch between the rows. So I mow the neighbors yard with my eco mower, making sure everyone knows I really do have a screw loose. (It's only two and a half neighbors and it makes me feel like Forrest Gump.) One such neighbor thought it was so nice of me, that she went to the big city to visit her family. While there her son in law mowed his perfectly grromed, chemically treated lawn and bagged the clippings for curb side pick up. A light bulb went off in my neighbors head and she snapped those grass clippings up for me as a thank you for mowing her yard. She stuck them inside her car and there they sat for a few days. The temp. outside was a nice & warm 75 degrees. We she left her family she drove two hours home with the windows down as it was little smelly in the car. She did bring me those clippings as she set out to do. The only problem in an organic garden, is chemically treated lawn clippings do not work out so well. I put them in the corner of the yard where they proceeded to stink up the neighborhood. Everyone thought my compost pile was bad. I was afraid someone would call the city on me and I wouldn't be allowed to make compost anymore. So I dug them into the ground to stop the stench. My neighbors car still stinks however.
While at the Farmers Market on Friday, it became apparent that we have everything in our own backyard. Well except for a bunch of people for Boo Boo to meet and greet.
While at the Farmers Market on Friday, it became apparent that we have everything in our own backyard. Well except for a bunch of people for Boo Boo to meet and greet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment