On Earth day, the UPS man brought me my grass catcher for my lawn mower. Last year at a yard sale I picked this little gem up for $20. The grass catcher was $24.00. Because our lot is 50' x 150' it works great. I know people who mow 5 acres and using this would be a challenge for that big of a job. In the city however I am going to preach these gasless wonders. It takes no more effort to push one of these than a gas lawn mower. Actually less effort. The modern versions are so much easier to use than the type Grandpa had years ago. They actually cut the same way a golf course mower would so your yard looks wonderful.If I could have any push mower in the world I would have to say the scotts 20 inch classic push reel lawn mower or the Gilmour 20-Inch Reel Mower with Grass Catcher #RM30 is the ticket. What we have is a American Lawn Mower 1414-16 16-Inch Standard Push Full Feature Reel Lawn Mower With T-Style Handle and it works just fine for us. Because we do not have a shed and just an outside entrance to our basement for lawn and garden storage, it is nice to pick up the mower in one hand and walk down the stairs in the basement. The process to get our gas mower downstairs is a little more involved. I also like the fact that it is one less dollar every week that is going into the "big oil" pocket book. I figure I would have spent far more than $44 in gas to mow the yard this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment