Tuesday, January 20, 2009

bye bye old bathroom



Friday night, something so cool happened. We showered in our new bathroom. We also used our new sink and our new toilet. The toilet is the best part as all we have to do is push the lever and everything goes away. Before with the old one we would run the kitchen sink, a little bit of the tub, hold the lever down for about 20 seconds, jiggle it and then come back a few minutes later to make sure the thing stopped running. The new toilet is done in less then three seconds. Now what will we do with all this new found time. :) Pictures of the new bath will follow shortly once I finish the built in wall cabinets. My wife found the perfect shower curtain, towels and rug for the bath. She just puts things together so well. On top of all this excitement we started the demo of the old bath, hall and closet. That little hall closet was the only closet in the whole house. Right now the back porch, the future second bedroom is a walk in closet for us. Tearing off old plaster is kind of fun. Everything is being torn out, the walls, closet and such. The space will then be big enough for a master bedroom. Before my wife gets home today I would like it to be all the way torn out so off I go. It's my birthday too! I am building us a bedroom for my birthday, which is really kind of cool.

No comments: