Monday, August 4, 2008

Started on the living room

So this weekend we started demo on the living room. Check out this window temp however. It will be 101 today but in the sun, in the window it is 115. I wonder if it gets to be 114 actual temp will the thermometer explode in the window. We have remained inside as much as possible during this part of our Missouri Summer Vacation. Here is the living room before the hammer has been swung. We painted the old #1 wood that was down for the sub floor to block the smell from old pet stains. Blitz 123 is the best stuff I found for this problem. Kilz only amplified the stench.


Boo Boo has become my supervisor on this project. He is always right there to lick me in the face whenever I am fixing something close to the ground. His slobber in my face really doesn't help the project but I don't want to tell him that and risk hurting his feelings.


The old moldings are really in bad shape and would take too much effort and time to repair, so next weeks posting will not be featuring them. lol

1 comment:

Todd and Nettie Groat Family said...

Hi Mike and Kristine, so how is your summer vacation project going? You sure do have a strange definition of vacation. We are headed to MO to visit Todd's family next Tuesday. Hope it is cool and not muggy! What is the chance of that. Miss you guys! Nettie