
So remember way back in April when we started the back bedroom? Well this week I started at it again.The floor was insulated and the decking was laid down. The above picture shows the old window removed and the new wet wall installed for a washer & dryer.

Friday I was going to just put the plumbing in for the washer and decided to put new copper on everything going back to the main shut off. The bathroom and kitchen was complete already so it wasn't so bad. Except for when I broke the main shut off and water shot into the basement. I was prepared however with a main water shut off key for the access panel out on the street. The only problem was, my key didn't fit the city meter. So I ran into the house with water still gushing into our basement, I ripped open the filing cabinet to find the water company phone number. They answered the phone right away and tranfered me to a field person. After a short wait on the phone I explained that I was making an indoor pool. They would send someone right out, they said. So I waited for them. Have you ever waited patiently by the curb while your house is being flooded? They arrived and afterwards I went to the hardware store and bought the right key to shut off the city water out at the street. Now you know the real reason I replaced all the plumbing in the house.

The garden is getting tired. We have winter lettuce, spinach and such, but the peppers and tomatoes have slowed way down. I will miss the them.
No comments:
Post a Comment