Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Free Privot Hedges

Yesterday on Craigslist, I saw an ad for "Free Privot Hedges." So I ran over and grabbed these hedges that were planted 30 years ago. The picture above is not them but what we hope to have because of what we palnted.
I palnted a total of 17 plants around the house. A set of them on each side to block the view of the neighbors and at the back of the garden to block the North wind.
There was a time consideration as I planted them, because the roots needed to stay wet and each hole took forever as the ground is nothing but rock around here. After I dug each hole I filled it up with water and stuck the plant in the for a few hours. Then using compost and top soil I back filled the hole. I am hoping this all works and I just didn't spend all day digging holes for nothing. If we see new growth soon we will know the answer.

No comments: